By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
15 minutes + 15 minutes baking time. 4 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 8 slices eggplant, about 1/4 inch thick
- ¼ cup potato flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence spice blend
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup vegan shredded cheese (I recommend Daiya’s brand)
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- Heat up the oven to 375F.
- Lay the sliced eggplant flat and spread some sea salt on them. Let them sit for 10 minutes.
- Into a plate, mix the potato flour, paprika and Herbs de Provence.
- Dip both sides of each eggplant into the flour mix.
- Heat up a pan, add some oil and cook each side of the eggplants for 1 minute.
- Pour the tomato sauce into a pan; lay the fried eggplant in the sauce. Add the chopped garlic on top and finish with the shredded vegan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then serve with the fresh basil leaves and a little more olive oil.