By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
40 minutes, 3 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 4 cups pumpkin, sliced into slices about ½ inch thick
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked black bean
- 1 cup vegan cheese such as Daiya’s brand
- ½ cup black olive, chopped
- 1 cup small green pepper, diced
- 1 whole fresh tomato, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Heat up a pan and melt the coconut oil in it. Start roasting the sliced raw pumpkin inside it for 6 minutes on medium/high heat.
- Add the spices into the pumpkin and then transfer the pumpkin into a greased pyrex glass bowl.
- Mix the vegan cheese, olives, and beans together and pour over the pumpkin.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes + 1 minute broil at the end.
- While it is baking; dice the tomato, onion, and bell pepper in small pieces.
- Once the pumpkin nachos are ready, remove from the oven and garnish with the fresh chopped veggies.